Pho Lettuce Wraps
Our Asian-inspired Pho Lettuce Wraps are a fun and tasty snack, appetizer or light lunch! We’ve packed all the goodness of classic pho into lettuce leaves. They’re delicious on their own or with a Thai peanut sauce for dipping.
Total cook time
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 lb lean Signature Farms® Ground Beef
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces Signature Farms® mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/4 cup Signature Farms® Baby Carrots
- mung bean sprouts (optional)
- 2 limes
- 2 large heads Bibb or Butter lettuce (leaves rinsed and dried)
In a large pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add mushroom and turn heat to medium-high, sautéing another 4 minutes.
Add ground beef, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger to the pan. Break ground beef apart into small bits as it cooks. Sauté until beef is browned. Turn off heat and stir in last tablespoon of soy sauce and the 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger. Let mixture cool slightly.
In each lettuce wrap, carefully put a small bit of cooked rice noodles (about 1 tablespoon), 2 tablespoons of beef mixture, 1 basil leaf, 1 tablespoon of matchstick carrots, and a few mung bean sprouts (if you have them available).
Squeeze lime juice over lettuce wraps just before serving (or serve with lime wedges alongside the wraps). Enjoy!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.